Friday, February 3, 2017

Telephone Diplomacy, Disconnect

Los manditarios de Mexico y Australia no se divierten por El Caudillo de la Basura Blanca.

I'm trying to image how the conversation between the President of the United States and the Prime Minister of Australia went, since it apparently ended 20 minutes into the hour blocked out for it with the president hanging up on the prime minister.

Australia:  If you're not willing to live up to your obligations under the refugee agreement, we have nothing further to discuss in connection with this matter.

United States:  If you're not willing to be reasonable you can fuck off.

Australia:  Hmm.  Well, I'm not sure what 'reasonable' means in American English, but the long haired dictionary teaching me Mandarin so I can communicate better with Australia's next best friend, arrived a little early, so, manos pequenos, I hope you get some, too . . .

United States:  Click.

No comments: